Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders that affects 1 in 10 of the general population. In Ireland it is estimated that 450, 000 people are suffering from some form of depression at this very moment. Anyone in the general population can suffer from depression, irrespective of age, gender or social status. The most common symptoms of depression are listed below:
- Feeling sad, anxious or bored.
- Low energy, feeling tired or fatigued.
- Under-sleeping or over-sleeping, or waking frequently during the night.
- Poor concentration, thinking slowed down.
- Loss of appetite, or overeating or weight-gain
- Loss of interest in hobbies, family or social life.
- Low self-esteem and feelings of guilt.
- Aches and pains with no physical basis, e.g. chest, head or tummy pain associated with anxiety or stress.
- Loss of interest in living, thinking about death, suicidal thoughts.
If you are suffering from four or more of the above symptoms it is very important to talk to your GP to discuss these issues. Your GP will guide you towards the correct course or treatment. However, Hypnotherapy is a very powerful technique to help eliminate depression.
It is 100% safe and there are no side-effects. For most cases of depression it usually takes from one to three sessions to relieve the symptoms. In some cases, analysis may be required, which can take up to six or twelve sessions. The most important point is that Hypnotherapy works. Hypnotherapy works by accessing the most powerful part of the mind- the subconscious mind. Once we have access to the subconscious mind, positive suggestions and affirmations can erase and replace negative thought patterns and behaviours, which then allows for positive change to occur.